We need all hands on deck to pass legalization this year!
HB 150 — Delaware’s bill to legalize and regulate cannabis for adults — has passed the House Health and Human Development Committee. Next, the bill will be considered by the House Appropriations Committee before heading to the House floor for a vote.
We still need to secure a few more votes for the bill to clear the House, and we need your help. Here are some ways to voice your support and help us get legalization across the finish line this year.
2. Share our email action link on your social media and encourage others to email their lawmakers in support of HB 150.
3. Volunteer to help generate phone calls to legislators in key districts. The Call Fire system we use makes it easy to volunteer from home. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re willing to make some calls to constituents of key lawmakers. We’ll send details on how to get started.
Supporters like you can help us send a strong message to lawmakers to make 2021 the year we end cannabis prohibition in the First State!
Virginia, New Mexico, and New York just legalized cannabis legislatively, and nationwide momentum is stronger than ever. Let’s make sure Delaware seizes the moment and doesn’t get left behind. Take action today and help spread the word to your friends and family in Delaware.
Email and call your state senator today to let them know it’s time to legalize medical marijuana!
“The medicine that saves my life every day is illegal in South Carolina. I am asking my fellow South Carolinians, please support your veterans by asking your legislators to support compassionate legislation to bring this relief to everyone who needs it.” — J., a female South Carolina veteran with PTSD and a severely painful kidney condition that medical cannabis has dramatically helped
Earlier today, the South Carolina Senate Medical Affairs Committee advanced the S.C. Compassionate Care Act in a 9-5 vote! After six long years of advocacy from patients and their loved ones, the S.C. Compassionate Care Act could get a Senate floor vote next week.
That’s where you come in …
We need all hands on deck to get this life-saving bill out of the Senate before the “crossover” deadline late next week. Here’s what you can do:
1. Send your state legislators an email asking them to stand up for patients.
2. Follow up with a polite call to your state senator.
3. Spread the word on social media, including by posting this action link.
4. Volunteer to phone bank from your own home. We’ll provide training and talking points on Friday, April 2 at 2:00 p.m.
Thank you for your compassion! Now, let’s get moving.
The New Hampshire House has already passed the legalization bill once this year in a 209-147 vote. Unfortunately, while the first vote on HB 481 was lopsided, it did not reach the two-thirds majority that would be needed to override a veto. We urgently need to continue gaining momentum, so it is very important that representatives hear from supporters before the next vote, which will take place this Thursday.
On November 5, voters will decide whether to approve a local ballot initiative that would remove all penalties for possessing up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana by adults 21 and older. Portland is the most populous city in Maine – where we intend to run a 2016 statewide initiative to regulate marijuana like alcohol – and a victory on November 5 would provide a dramatic boost to our efforts. It's going to be a very close election, so we need your help. You do NOT need to live in Maine to lend your support in one of the following ways: